1. Confirm gas, water and electricity are turned on and gas pilot lights are burning.Ensure pets won’t hinder inspection.
2. Tell Realtor about cats or other animals to be kept inside.
NOTE: Kenneling or taking the pets to the spa for the day is recommended.
3. Replace any burned out light bulbs.
4. Test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries if needed.
5. Clean or replace dirty HVAC Air Filters. Verify filters fit and are properly secured.
6. Move wood, stored items, high soil lines or debris away from foundations perimeter walls.
7. Unlock or remove locks from any items the inspectors must access:
- Gates on fences
- Attic Access Hatches or Doors
- Electric Service Panels
- Special Closets
- Crawl Space Hatches, for pier-and-beam construction
8. Confirm areas and components are accessible by removing items blocking access to:
- Electric Service panels
- Heating & Air Conditioning Equipment
- Water Heaters
- Ground-fault Circuit-interrupters (GFCI) receptacles or devices
- Attic or Crawl Space Hatches, NOTE: remove items that might restrict movement in attic or crawl space.
9. Trim tree limbs away from the roof covering and trim shrubs away from the exterior walls to allow access.
10. Repair or Replace broken, damaged or missing items:
- Door knobs, locks & latches
- Window glass, locks, screens
- Smoke or carbon monoxide alarms
- Light fixtures and bulbs
- Anti-siphon devices on exterior faucets
- Rain gutters & downspouts
- Chimney flue caps
Take these simple actions and your home inspection will go much faster and will result in a “cleaner” better looking inspection report. Good news for Seller, Buyer and Realtor alike!
Clients, REALTORS® and Magnolia Home Inspections
We know how important your time is when closing a sale. So, when you call a home inspector, call the Valley’s leading home inspection company to get the job done quickly and professionally.
Why do REALTORS® recommend Magnolia Home Inspections?
- You can reduce your liability with a thorough inspection by Magnolia Home Inspections.
- Our Inspectors convey their findings in a manner that informs and educates without alarming or scaring your clients. Our thorough home inspection reports will greatly reduce potential complaint calls to you!
- We have a combined 18 years of inspection, and construction related experience and we’ve conducted thousands of inspections in the greater Metro Jackson and central Mississippi areas. All of our inspectors maintain their proficiency and knowledge through continuing professional education.
- We provide quality professional service on resale (existing) homes, new construction, older homes, unique properties, and small and mid-sized commercial properties.
- Our exclusive, fast, detailed reports with summary and photos are usually emailed same day or within 24 hours to all parties.
- Magnolia Home Inspections offers Saturday inspections.
- We have MLS Lockbox Access.
- You can rely on our full-time, professional office staff – real people, NOT answering machines or an answering service.
- On your next sale, WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED – our full E&O and General Liability Insurance, which exceeds industry mandated limits.